I think Thieving is a dead skill. Much clicking and low reward(Yes I know you gain some cash), so I've thought about ways to make it a bit more interesting to train.
1. Add more stalls for thieving from lv. 65-90, the only other ways are pickpockets and that's not a fair increase in XP anyways.
2. Increase XP generally in stall and pickpockets or increase extra XP when wearing Rogue pieces.
3. Increase the chance of Ammo mould drop from Drunken cannoneer. Most people just buy cannon balls since it's hard to obtain. I know it's a good item, but right now the only thing the obtainable method seems to do, is "grant" a bit of extra XP compared to stalls.
4. Widen the possible loot from Drunken cannoneer & Master farmer:
- Drunken cannoneer - remove the crap loot(seaweed, cod and beer), add other bars/ores, add cannonballs, add cannon parts(1/10k+ drop), increase gold.
- Master farmer - add herbs(could be noted and multiple amounts)
5. Add Gnomes and Elfs for pickpocketing as suggested by others.
6. Add chests for pickpocketing(could be gems, seeds, runes or whatever) - could be an alternative to pickpockets and XP could be lowered since it doesn't move.
7. Add a Master skiller NPC, to thieve logs, fish, essence and other skilling related supplies. Could also add Rune and Dragon harpoon/axe/pickaxe at a higher rate.
8. Add the Rogue gear as a drop, same as the other skills have a chance at gear drops
With these(or some of these) suggestions I believe it would make thieving a more fun skill and contribute to the skilling community.